Saturday, September 8, 2012

BOC Photo Challenge: Fashion

I took this image of a model I use on a regular basis. I lovingly refer to her as my Muse and count her as a friend. Her name is Vynnie C. and she is a very smart woman, who originally made to our Country from Cuba on a raft as a child. I took this image in studio using a seamless backdrop of grey. I used two strobe lights, one key light from the left and the fill from the right. I was going for a darker moody look but not to dark. I asked that she do her makeup dark and bring dark outfits to wear. Vynnie is a Cheerleader and knows how to move and twist her body to make herself look more desirable than I have found most models are able to do, as demonstrated in this image. Vynnie is always willing to help me out and hasn't told me "no" yet to a crazy idea for a shoot or when to shoot. She has gone beyond the call of duty to help me and I think because of that, we have never had a "bad shoot" where neither of us walked away with nothing we like. Its usually the opposite, where we have to much to choose from.

No comments:

Post a Comment